Thursday, March 15, 2012

IAM Thinking...entering the blogosphere is exciting!

The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think.~Edwin Schlossberg
So...I figured I would try this whole blogosphere thing as it is one of my personal goals to write more and because I AM always thinking! (Get it IAMele?!--trying to be clever!)

I have been inspired more than usual this year from all of my travel experiences, life experiences, international teaching, and the people that I have met along the way. I am also trying to be "present" more, and I think writing and reflecting provides a great way to do that. Maybe no one will read my blogs, in which case these words would be better served as journal entries meant for my own eyes; however, there is something empowering about "publishing" your thoughts. This concept is an aspect of the 21st century that I do not take for granted. Anyone can put anything out there these days. As individuals we all have a tremendous amount of power and the ability to have our voices heard. Some people may use this power differently than others, and some people may not fully comprehend the magnitude of what they put out there for the world to see. Nonetheless, we all have this power. So I AM capitalizing on it :)

Okay...introduction blog done. Click Publish, and I am officially in the blogosphere :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So excited to follow your blog! Mine is here, but I've been lazy with it lately: http://swingintoserious.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog! It is fun to catch up on the adventures in small vikinghood, and I love your Fresh Prince Reference. In the wise words of my friend Maria, Blog on girl!

      Delete